Pain in the abdomen under the sternum. Stabbing pain radiating to back. Gall bladder removed. On nexium for severe acid reflux.

I have had pain in my abdomen right under my sternum on and off for about 2 years. It comes on in what I would call attacks, it happens very suddenly and is a very intense sharp stabbing pain that radiates thru my entire abdomen and sometimes into my back and shoulder it usually lasts anywhere from 5 to 20 minutes. I had my gallbladder removed about 2 years ago, my gi dr did an mri to check for stones in the common bile duct and found none and also did a scope fo check for hernias and other problems. They found nothing but severe acid reflux and put me on nexium . It has started to happen more frequently and I don t know what I should do next some help would be greatly appreciate d
Asked On : Fri, 5 Apr 2013