Pain in teeth. No cavities. Hurts to floss. What should I do?

My second to the last tooth on the right side of my upper jaw and the gums between that tooth and the last tooth have been in pain for quite a while now. I ve seen multiple dentists who have told me that they don t see any signs of a cavity or of anything being wrong, yet the pain still persists. Before, the pain would only come up when I chewed on things that were tough, but now it seems to be constantly there, getting worse whenever anything touches it now. I went to floss for what seemed like the 100th time and in previous tries, the gums between these two teeth would only hurt when I persisted on seeing if something was stuck between them. On this try however, it started to hurt as soon as the floss touched the gums. I didn t even put that much pressure on it, just gently seesaw-ing the floss until it got between my teeth. I really want to know another person s opinion on what I should do. It s come to the point I just want to remove the tooth or get a root canal .
Asked On : Thu, 3 Jan 2013