Pain in right side below rib cage. Mucus, blood in stools. Possible reason?

Hi I started with a pain in my right hand side immediately below the rib cage. Previous to this I had noticed mucus when I went to the toilet and laterly some blood on the stool along with the mucus. When I went to the toilet this morning after wiping I noticed watery blood on the toilet paper and the pain in my right hand side came back and was painful for about an hour afterwards. I am unsure what this could be, can you help?
Asked On : Sat, 16 Mar 2013