Pain in rib cage due to coughing, sore throat, hoarse voice after hernia surgery. Concerned?

Hi. I had Navel hernia surgery on Wednesday 8/22. Immediately out of surgery I had a sore throat , terrible cough and hoarse voice. Having other surgeries before I assumed this was from the breathing tube. Saturday afternoon I was in the ER for a stool blockage, which has since resolved itself but I am still coughing terrible. It s to the point that directly coughing causes what feels like muscles to tighten and then brief pain. I don t want to cough anymore. The pain is located directly in the center of my rib cages. Or about 4 inches up from the belly button. Is this a cause for concern? I m afraid I ve got another hernia from coughing so hard...
Asked On : Thu, 30 Aug 2012