Pain in lower stomach radiating to vagina, pain on urination with brown discharge. Cause and remedy?

im am 17 years old and ive been having pain in my lower stomach that goes down into my vagina , it does hurt when i pee but only sometimes, usually first thing in the morning and at night and through out the day it hurts when i am done peeing. a few days ago i noticed brown discharge coming out of my vagina but that went away.
Asked On : Sat, 11 Aug 2012
this seems to me a case of urinary tract infection with classical symptoms of lower abdominal ache with painful micturition and associated burning throughout the day. it is advisable to get a urine culture and sensitivity test done to find out the causative organisms and then appropriate antibiotics may be administered if culture turns out to be positive. in the meantime , please increase your water intake to 12-15 glasses per day , this would help flush out the infection naturally.
in my practice i usually advise TAB norflox-tinidazole 500mg twice a day for days along with urine alkalinizer. you may consult your primary physician for prescription if agreeable.