Pain in lower spine. Pain relieved when rubbed with knuckle of index finger on spinal area. Taking Aspirin and Tylenol. X-ray shows spinal arthritis. Relief?

For 30 years I have experienced every growing pain in my lower spine. Back then it woke my wife but not me. I went to a muscle specialist. He could find nothing. I have never had any pain in my back muscles. But the pain grew. At one point I could get relief by rubbing the spinal area with the knuckle of my index finger. My retired family physican thought it might be restless legs. Then, 10 years ago, I got relief from taking one asprin. Four years ago it was taking 5 aspirn and 5 Tylenol a night. I had a X-ray which suggested spinal arthritis according to my family physican. There is no pain in my legs or buttocks. No tingling. No numbness. The pain is far worse than once when I had a broken bone in my hand. My family physican has retired.
Asked On : Wed, 9 Oct 2013