Pain in legs after running, constant pain, shin splits. Treatment?

Im having problems with my legs, they hurt bad when i run and after that, problem is the pain keep staying there even after like 3 weeks.... I used google and my symptoms show that i have shin splints . Should i visit my doctor? Should i keep running even when pain is stil there? Some people say keep going, eventualy u will over pass it, some say it can lead to serious chronic problem or something like that. Please help me, i want to run but I can t beacuse of my legs
Asked On : Mon, 30 Jul 2012