Pain in left shin, pain occurs when head or neck is touched. Smoker and has shoulder issues. What could be the cause for this pain?

I am 40 year old man and have been having sharp piercing pain in my left shin. the pain only occurs when my head or neck is touched it will cause severe pain in my shin. This has been going on for two weeks now. I have not done anything differently in my life that would cause this. I am a smoker and have had shoulder issues other than that im fairly healthy. Could someone explain what could possibly be causing this?
Asked On : Mon, 1 Apr 2013