Pain in left arm on sleeping, starts in the upper inner part, occasional tingling causing pain in fingers. Heart related of pinched nerve?

I m a 25 yr old African American female that has been experiencing pain in my left arm when I sleep. The pain starts in the upper inner part of my left arm. Sometimes, there is a sharp tingle. Then the rest of my arm feels numb to achy with pain in my all my fingers, especially my pinky finger. Is this heart problem related or just a pinched nerve? I have a family history of heart related problems, but I have not experienced these issues in my life.
Asked On : Fri, 7 Sep 2012