Pain in labia, black and purple in color. Any ideas?

I'm embaressed so bare with me. I am 64 yrs. old in good health. I started hurting on my Labia area and happened to notice that they both are black and purple. I haven't hurt myself, but, I am sowllowing down there. Do you know what it could be. I'm so scared. I have a Drs. Appt. this Wed, so she can maybe dx. it, Thanks.
Asked On : Wed, 9 Oct 2013
As you are 64 years of age, there might be depletion in estrogen level causing some atrophic changes in your vagina producing atrophic vaginitis giving this appearance.
Consult gynaec and get examined as you have scheduled appointment.
Ok and take care.