Pain in chestbone area, towards left side and scraped arm after fall, healed scrape. Pain now in left side around rib cage. Is this related ?

I m a 37 year old female that stands at 4 9 , weighing about 105lbs. One week ago on the 16th of January I was doing my daily rounds around the neighborhood when I tripped over some uneven pavement and fell on my left side, landing mostly in the grass next to the sidewalk. Initially I had severe pain in my chestbone area, towards the left side, and a scraped arm . The scrape has healed, and the chestbone pain isn t quite as bad but now I have really bad pain all through my left side and from around my lower ribcage going through my lower back, ending at about the middle of the back. Earlier I felt the painful area and it seemed to be swollen but trying to check in the mirror I couldn t really tell if it was or not (it s possible I was just imagining it). My question is, could this pain possibly be related? Is it just a normal muscular pain from where I fell or is this pain something worse that I need to see a doctor for?
Asked On : Sun, 27 Jan 2013