Pain in calf muscle. Varicose vein painful, shortness of breath, allergic. Given respirator. Relief?

Pain in calf muscle. Varicose vein painful and warm in addition to the calf muscle pain. Shortness of breath upon exertion - one flight of stairs and I can't breathe! Doctor visit - he believes it's phlebitis. Also did breathing test and lung x-ray - seems to be some restriction, possibly asthma - might be triggered by allergy season. Gave me a respirator. Wants to give it a week to see if it improves. Not real confident in that diagnosis and muscle pain is getting more intense.
Asked On : Thu, 10 Oct 2013