Pain in big toe, swelling, inflammation, infection, yellow secretion. Causes and treatment?

Hello, i am just curious about pain that is occurring on my foot , my big toe to be precise. It seems to either be swollen or just a big bump, on the top/inside of my big toe directly beside my toe nail. It is red and either inflamed, or infected, because it hurts. A clear/yellowish liquid is being secreted where the toe nail is digging in. Do you have any idea what this is? and how should i treat it? Thank you, for your time.
Asked On : Wed, 17 Oct 2012