Pain in ankle, unable to move foot, swelling, muscle pain in calf muscles. Treatment?

I have been having worsening symptoms over the last 6 months or so. I have a dull ache or know there is something wrong on the inside of my left ankle. During the day I know it is there but is not severe. When I wake up in the morning I can barely lift my foot anymore. I have to slowly force it to move and work it out. I can not put any weight on it when I first get up. This pain is excruciating. It seems a little swollen but not very noticable. It feels more like muscles, or tendons possibly? I have started noticing muscle aches in my calf also. Some mornings are worse than others. I think this may depend on which side my ankle lays at night. I can not remember any injuries to this foot in the last couple of years. It is not warm to the touch (more than usual) It seems like the veins may show a little bit more on that ankle and almost feels like a charlie horse?
Asked On : Sat, 21 Jul 2012
You get a Serum Uric Acid level checked. it might be raised. Other thing is Plantar Fascitis. In which difficulty in placing first step after sleep in the morning. Get Uric acid level. Use a simple bath called contarst bath. In which feet are imersed in luke warm water for 5 minutes and both feet are imersed. then keep in other ute sil with normal cold water. repeat it once again and then go to bed.