Pain from knees after walking too long, trying to reduce weight, strain in ankle. Resolution?

Hi, I am trying to workout daily and get to my goal of 190 pounds. Im currently 301 pounds and i cant do much because of strain from my ankle. I know its because of my weight, but i do want a resolution to this problem so i can start running and jogging. I also have a sudden pain that comes from the back of my knee if i walk for to long. It feels like my bone is sticking out. should I get that checked? -A
Asked On : Fri, 11 Oct 2013
Welcome to HCM.
You should go for complete investigations like cbc,rbs,thyroid,calcium,d3.
It is most likely musculo scalatal pain due to over weight.
Don't do all exercise at a time and gradually increase the grade of exercise.
Exercise under guidance of instructor is advisable.
You can take simple oral nsaid during episode of severe pain,local application of nsaid gel will be helpful.
You can change your exercise from jogging to swimming.
Also start b12,calcium,d3,minerals supplement under guidance of your physician.