Pain due to tonsillitis. Took antibiotics. Tear in the mouth. What to do?

Hi, I have had a bout of what I think is severe tonsillitis . looking at pictures that I googled, it was infectious mononucleosis . it was insanely pianful. I was given antibiotics that at the beginning did not seem to be doing anything until i started observing a difference after 3 days. The one tonsil has completely cleared and the other which has also largely cleared is still very sensitive and when I looked inside the mouth, there is definitely a tear/opening that I have not had before. What must I do? I need relief after so many days of excruciating pain.
Asked On : Thu, 3 Jan 2013