Pain beside adam's apple. Pop in throat after sneezing. What could it be?

I am not sure what happened. I sneezed about four to five times, cleared my throat and swallowed. There was a little crack or pop in my throat. Then within 15 minutes or so I have a very bad pain on the left side of my adams apple, it hurts when I swallow and it hurts too much to speak. I am a Realtor. I need to talk. Should I got to the doctor or is this something that is going to go away on its own. I am 35 years old. Used to smoke for about 5 years but now I smoke an e-cig for the past 4 months or so.
Asked On : Tue, 19 Feb 2013
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Aug 2013
Hello and welcome to HCM,

You have all the risk factors of having a vocal cord or a throat problem and your symptoms also point in that direction. I really would have just told you to take warm fluids and not to strain when you speak and maybe take a complete voice rest if possible. But before advising all that we need to be sure you are otherwise fine.

So you need to see your ENT and impress upon the need to undergo an endoscopic examination of the vocal cords and throat. This will be our baseline for treatment and follow up.

Take complete voice rest for a week or two so that you may recover sooner.

Consult a speech therapist who will familiarize you on VOCAL HYGIENE as your job demands voice!

Also start anti reflux treatment in consultation with your doctor so that the symptoms can be better controlled

get well soon

Dr Sriram Nathan