Pain and weakness in shoulders and upper arms, pain in tongue, unable to chew food. Myasthenia gravis ?

Sometimes I have pain and weakness in my shoulders and upper arms to the point where even brushing my hair I have to put my arms down many times to rest them for a few seconds before continuing. This morning in addition to that my tongue was also weak and achy to the point that I couldn t even chew my food without stopping to rest my tongue before continuing. Many years ago (I m now 59 years old) while pregnant I was diagnosed with myasthenia gravis but the symptoms disappeared after the birth of my baby. I m wondering if perhaps this is the same thing...
Asked On : Thu, 16 Aug 2012