Pain and swelling under the jaw. Due to swollen lymph node? Difficulty in swallowing and opening the mouth

Hi, I am having horrible pain under my jaw line on my left side. I imagine it is a lymph node that is swollen. However, it is not the typical swelling and symptoms that go along with a regular infection. This has happened before, but it comes on very suddenly and feels as though it swells up very fast. The pain feels like it s right under my tongue . In the past, the swelling and pain go away in about 30 seconds to a minute and I never experience any other symptoms. This however, is not going away quickly. It s been like this for about 10 minutes at this point. It is hard to swallow or open my mouth at all.
Asked On : Sun, 23 Sep 2012