Pain and swelling in foot. Little relief with aircast. History of fracture in metatarsal. Advice

Hi I am 48years old and fractured my 2nd and 3rd metatarsal on the 28th February. My doctor ordered that I start wearing sneakers and walk for half an hour putting a little weigth on the foot using 1 crutch and gradually without thee crutch. This was after 4 1/2 weeks in an aircast, I still feel pain on the top of the foot and there is still slight swelling if I saty too long with the sneaker on. I still use the air cast and can walk on the side of my foot but with little pain.

My conern is if I started too soon putting weight on the foot and is this going to be a long term injury due to my age.

Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013