Pain and breathlessness after drinking beer. No known allergies. Cause?

I am an average weight 27 year old male. On an empty stomach , after drinking beer, my lungs feel as if they are filled with liquid. It causes dull aching pain, and shortness of breath slightly. Located at the last few ribs in both side of my lower chest . Usually will go away after no more then an hour, depending on the number of beers consumed. Soda does not cause this, nor does liquor . No know allergies. I am a smoker, 1/2 pack a day.
Asked On : Mon, 26 Nov 2012