Pain after radical hemorrhoidectomy. Taken Gabapentin, tramadol and paracetamol. Should Buscopan be tried?

My husband had a radical hemorroidectomy last wednesday. He is still in excrutiating pain which was somewhat expected, just maybe not to this degree. He is taking gabapentin , tramadol and paracetamol , which have minimal effect on the pain. The thing he is more distressed about is the spasms he s getting constantly with very little relief.....I have read a little on antispasmodic medications and was wondering would this be a viable route for him to try to see if he can get any relief from something like Buscopan??
Asked On : Thu, 11 Oct 2012