Pain across the left side of chest, breast and left arm, sometimes neck too. Worried ?

Hi I keep getting a pain across the left side of my chest , left side of breast and a long the inside of my left arm . Occassionaly I get it up my neck too. It is sometimes a dull pain but other times it can be really quite startling and makes me stop what I m doing. It seems to be worse at night. I do panick quite a lot at these pains which I think may be making it worse for me. Its mainly on my left side but on the odd occassion I do get it on the right side. Its as if the pain is moving around quite a lot from place to place. Please help I am eighteen years old and this is worrying me a lot and seems to be getting worse.
Asked On : Thu, 20 Dec 2012
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Hi thanks for your question
Your 18 years old and having pain on left side of chest ,left side of neck and left arm,occiosnally on right side.
If this pain would have remained only to left side then,cardiac origin would have No 1 reason but since it is also on right also, so most probably it is not of cardiac origin.
Most probably this pain could be due to anxiety (tension),So relax and consult a nearby physician to rule out cardiac origin of this pain.
You may need some anxiolytic (tension reducing medicine)
Hope this answers your question