Ovulation positive, pregnancy test negative. Had cramps. Was it pre menstrual symptoms?

I ovulated or at least my opk test was a dark positive on 1/26. On 1/25 and 1/27 it was a faint line. We had sex on 1/26 and 1/27. I took a pregnancy test yesterday, 2/4 and it was negative. I ve had cramps since 2/1. Is it PMS? Was I too early in my testing? I m 40, came off the pill of 23 years in June of 12 and had a laprosco. surgery in 2001 for an ovarian cyst . Did the larpro. surgery harm my chances of having a child?
Asked On : Sat, 9 Feb 2013