Overweight, borderline thyroid, insulin resistance. Get moderate nausea with vomiting, dizziness during periods. How can I avoid this?

Hi Dr. Lundi, I am a 25 year old female, slightly overweight (and loosing weight everyday) with a borderline hypothyroid and insulin resistance . I am currently taking 100 mcg of Levothyroxine (with a doubled dose once a week) as well as 850 mg of Glocophage ( metformin ). I have had heavy, painful periods ever since I began menstruating but have recently, within the past 4 months, been experiencing new symptoms in addition to the severe cramps, changes in mood and appetite, and general fatigue associated with my periods. Recently I have begun to have moderate nausea with vomiting on the first day of my period in addition to dizziness. I wanted to get your opinion on that - is there anything I could be doing to avoid this? And what causes it? Also, and this has been a long standing problem with me: I have always had relatively sweaty palms and feet, however, from the moment my period starts, it is simply out of control! Is there anything I can do about that and what are the causes of this as well? Thank you, Hannah.
Asked On : Wed, 5 Dec 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  27 Awaiting Answer