Overactive thyroid, whiteness in front tongue. Removed with tweezers. What can be done?

I am 33, about 130 pounds and 5 5. I live in California and have excellent health. I do have overactive thyroid but no other conditions. A few hours ago, I noticed two white worm looking things toward the front of my tongue . They were white and 1 was about a 4th of an an inch and the other was about an 8th of an inch. I pulled the smaller one off with tweezers with no difficulty. When I removed the larger one, it was a little difficult to remove and it left a blood spot after it was gone. What could this be? What should i do?
Asked On : Sat, 2 Mar 2013