Ovarian cysts before periods, sharp pains during periods

if women have a ovarian cysts, right before they start to menstrate and get very sharp pains, what should they do?
Asked On : Wed, 22 Feb 2012

I will try my best to provide you with best possible professional recommendations to your questions.
I don't think that pain which you are experiencing is due to ovarian cyst. Usually ovarian cysts do not produce symptoms and are found during a routine physical exam or are seen by chance on an ultrasound performed for other reasons.
Certain symptoms include Lower abdominal or pelvic pain, which may start and stop and may be severe, sudden, and sharp, Irregular menstrual periods, Feeling of lower abdominal or pelvic pressure or fullness, Long-term pelvic pain during menstrual period that may also be felt in the lower back,Pelvic pain after strenuous exercise or sexual intercourse ,Pain or pressure with urination or bowel movements, Nausea and vomiting,Vaginal pain or spotty bleeding from the vagina.

To decrease the pain you can use A number of nonprescription (over-the-counter) agents can help control the pain as well as actually prevent the menstrual cramps themselves.

A woman should start taking one of these medications before her pain becomes difficult to control. This might mean starting medication 1 to 2 days before her period is due to begin and continuing taking medication 1-2 days into her period.

Yet again, I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.