Osteoarthritis, sciatica pain in legs, back after operation for touching nerves. Relief from pain?

Hello there Mr Christensen, My mum has had an operation in her back due to touching of nerves a few years ago. She now experiences a lot of sciatica pain in her legs and back. She has osteoarthritis . She is approx 13 stones unfortunately she is unable to lose weight. She is 82 years old and very active for her age. She has taken numerous medications , painkillers, ayurvedic , etc. And also tries and does exercise whenever she is not in pain. Any advice please?
Asked On : Tue, 12 Feb 2013