Operation for lungs, mobile drainage, pleural effusion. Is it dangerous?

Hi. I m very concerned about my grandpa. He had an operation 5 days ago (the docs put talc between the lungs and the pleura because of pleural effusion ). He s home now and has a mobile drainage which i m worried about. The haemoragical liquid which has to be in the bag of the drainage stays whole day in the hose. Why so? The drainage was put by the med. sisters today at the hospital and it imitates the vacuum drainage which he had there. Please, tell me what s wrong and how can I make that liquid go to the bag? I m very concerned!
Asked On : Sun, 25 Mar 2012