Operated for a small cyst above the ear, advised not to smoke marijuana. Will it have negative effects on the stitches?

Hi, I am a marijuana smoker who is 18 years old. I just had a small cyst removed above my ear, and I now have stitches. I am very familiar with the effects of the drug and have done extensive research on the topic. My doctor said to avoid raising my blood pressure significantly, and smoking marijuana does raise blood pressure, however I am not sure to what extent. Would smoking have a negative effect on the stitches and cause bleeding?
Asked On : Sat, 20 Oct 2012