On steroids for lichen planus. Missed periods and heavy bleeding. Can I take meprate for long term?

I am a woman 46 yrs old. I was put on steroids a year and a half ago, as treatment for lichen Plannus. Since then I missed periods 3 times intermittently and had heavy bleeding during some months. I was advised to take 'Meprate' by a DGO. I was given 1 tablet every night for 21 days. The bleeding stopped. For the next 10 months there was no heavy bleeding, but normal bleeding as usual. Now there was a small amount of bleeding for two days ( saturday &Sunday only) for 2 consecutive weeks and starting last saturday, I am bleeding throughout the week. It is the 8th day today. Heavy bleeding started today. I live in a hilly region (deputation) and don't have access to a hospital. The DGO I consulted is in my home town. Can I take meprate for 21 days ( 1 tablet a day every night)? I have important work to do the whole of next week. I have enough stock of meprate.
Asked On : Tue, 23 Apr 2013
As per your symptoms, it looks like the hormonal irregularity has recurred. Though your symptoms may probably be alleviated with hormone supplementation, it would be ideal if you can at least contact your consultant back home before you initiate treatment. The treatment may have to be continued for 2-3 weeks as suggested by your doctor. You would need iron supplements also. Wish you good health.