On periods, had huge thick, maroon clot discharge, had missed a month of periods. Normal?

I am on my period and i went to go use the restroom, and a huge clot like slipped out. It was really dark almost a maroon colour and thick like 2 inched as well as 4 to 5 inches long. What could this be and should i go see my doctor or is it natural. I did miss a month for my period but i took 3 pregnancy tests throughout the month before and all negative. I just figuered i skipped a month because i had started working out again. Thank you for your time
Asked On : Fri, 21 Sep 2012