On percocet for headache. Why stiffness of neck? What does MRI say? Massage neck?

On August 6th 2012 my husband woke up with the worst headache of his life! He then started vaumiting through out the entire day for 2 weeks straight and had a stiff neck and sharp pain goind up the right side of his head no matter which way he turns his head it still shoot pain up the right side of the brain only! I took him to the hospital where they weighed him and he had lost 23 pounds in 2 weeks! They performed a CT and a spinal tap which both came back normal. The Doctor took some blood from him and it came back with his white blood count kinda of high. The doctor didn t know what it was so they gave him percocet and pills to keep him from throwing up. They also told him to go see a Nueroligist which we then made an appointment with them. In the mean time he still had the headaches and no matter what medication he took it only minimized the headache it never went away. So he finally got to see the Nueroligist and they want him to get a MRI and a MRA . We are waiting for the insurance to approve them going on another 2 1/2 weeks now! It has been almost 2 months total time now and the headaches and neck stiffness and the sharp pain going over the right side of his head is still the same! When he needs to turn to talk to someone he turned with his whole body cuz he can t turn his neck! I ve tried warm cloths, massaging his neck! What do you think it can be?
Asked On : Mon, 1 Oct 2012