On penicillin for strep throat. Suffer from uvulitis. Pus in the uvula. How long will it take to recover?

I was diagnosed with strep throat 2 days ago and have been on Penicillin (po) every 6hrs for 48hrs now... The worst part of all of this is the severe uvulitis from the strep (I'm guessing). My uvula is covered in white pus at the tip and rests on the top of my tongue. If it falls back into my throat I gag and cannot rest comfortably on my back. So... How long should I expect it to take for this swelling to go down?
Asked On : Wed, 24 Apr 2013