On medication for fungal infection on the penis. How to stop the recurrence?

I am 28, and for last 3 years having some fungal infection of my penis and near area. Intially the outer layer of my skin started itching and then some white rashes appeared, and thereafter bad smell is coming out. My doctor gave me antifungal cream, within a week it was cured. I stopped the medication , the itching started and white rashes came back the skin on the penis and near area . Again I visited my doctor , who advised me to continue the anti-fungal cream for some weeks, which i continue. When I stopped, two - three days later then the rashes came back. I consulted my doctor again, and he referred me to Skin specialist. The skin specialist , after checking gave me another cream (gentalene) and tablet (Fusys 150 ), and told me to continue for 3 weeks .............but when I stop medicine then rashes are coming back and some bad smell at that area....pls help me
Asked On : Wed, 14 Nov 2012