On levothyroxine after thyroidectomy. Itchy hives on the body. Allergic to medication?

i had a total thyroidectomy in nov 2012 and was put on 125mcg of levothyroxine. in jan 2013 i started to suffer with very bad allergic reaction and i kept a food diary. i didn't eat anything for three days but took my levothyroxine and i then suffered with a very bad allergic reaction. i decided to stop taking the levothyroxine and the allergies stopped. i was then put back on it by my Dr and the allergy came back in full force and i have since suffered three anaphylaxis. i have stopped taking any thyroid medication for two weeks now but i still get very itchy hives and agioedema and most times antihistamine don't help. however, i haven't had any anaphylaxis since i stopped taken thyroxin. do you think i am allergic to levothyroxine? could it be that the thyroxine still remaining in my system is the reason for the ongoing allergies? what do you advice???
Asked On : Sat, 27 Apr 2013