On glaucoma medication since years, one eye completely dead but started gushing with blood and popping out. Treatment advise?

Hello My question is regarding my dad. my dad has glaucoma and has been on medication and eyedrop for about five year. One eye is completely dead but started gushing with blood today and even popping out. An optician says he would have to perform a surgery to remove the eyeball. I m concerned about the surgery because my dad s optical nerves might be weak as he is 84 years of age. What do you think?
Asked On : Mon, 13 Aug 2012