On glasses for a week post stopping contacts, have crusted shut eyes, redness. What could be wrong?

I resently stopped wearing my contacts.. and only my glasses for the past week... I got really sick with some cold or virus thing..i still have it.. I woke up this morning, and my eye was crusted shut.. I washed it off.. and noticed I had some type of goo in my eye..throughout the day my eye keeps getting redder and redder.. its like a neon red color now.. but I have no other symptoms.. it doesn t burn or itch or anything... whats wrong..
Asked On : Wed, 9 Jan 2013