On follicular study to get pregnant, advised to take regestrone.. Will this medicine help ?

hi I am taking treatment for get pregnent and i am having irrugular periods my doctor advised to take folicular study from 12thday my egg vlume is 6 14thday- volume is 7 16 thday-volume 8 18th day -volume 9 today My doctor has been advised to sex with my husband 18th/20th/22thday and to take regestrone 5 mg for 5 days from 18th day to 22nd, (10 tablet )we are married since 3 years trying to have a baby. please advise how the use of this medicine helps? what is the use of this tablet is this help to get pregnent or to get regular periods?
Asked On : Sat, 6 Oct 2012