On duodrom for injured eye. Diagnosed harpies. Is it contagious? Precautions?

I am about 56 years old. It is important to mention that I had injured this eye about an year back. While pulling a rope, it had broken, resulting in the rope and my fist hitting my eye. I had seen an Ophthalmologist who had recommended an eye drop called DUODROM. On application of this my eye came back to normal. Again about a month back, the same eye got hit by a table tennis ball. After the initial pain my eye didnt hurt anymore so I didnt go for any medication. A week back I observed that my left eye was red and swollen.This time I applied DUODROM but the swelling and redness did not subside. I saw another Ophthalmologist who has diagnosed the disease as HARPIES and has recommended Aciclovir Eye Ointment BP & Chlorocol-D eye drop. The swelling and the redness is gone. My query: 1. is the treatment going in the right direction. 2. Is it really HARPIES, which is a contagious desease 3. what precautions do Ihave to take
Asked On : Sat, 13 Oct 2012