On diabetic medication, elevated lpt levels, other blood, urine reports normal, prescribed medicines for cholesterol. Advice?

Sir, I am on Glycomet 500 SR before dinner and a Zulos 50 at bed time and on diet control for the last one year. My current Blood sugar is F - 86 and PP 110 . This is almost constant for the last 1 and half year. However from the recent lupid report, I find that diabetes has elevated my total cholesterol level to 270 , sr triglycerides to 212 , LDL cholesterol to 188 . HDL cholesterol is 42. All other blood reports are normal - Hemoglobin 13.7 , Sr. creatinine 1 . Thyroid T3 - 105.80 ; T4 - 8.7 ; TSH ultrasensitive - 2 , 25-HYDROXY VITAMIN D is 49.40 . HbA1c is 6.2 . Urine test is also normal - Albumin/ microalbumin - 6.1 , Creatinine urine by Jaffee method 96.1 and Albumin-microalb/creatinine ratio in spot urine is 6.3 , Urine sugar fasting and urine ketones fasting are absent. On getting above reports , I visited endocrinologist for regular check up , who prescribed Atorcia TG and ecospirin 75 after dinner. I have slight tingling and burning sensation in my feet and occasional slight itching in toes . I want to correct my total cholesterol particularly reduce serum tringlycerides and LDL cholesterol . I do daily 3/4 Km morning walk. I have no other problem except occasionally lac of sleep . Please advise on the above . Please advise also as to how to reduce Hba1c to below 6 as no body is suffering in the family from diabetic disease.
Asked On : Wed, 31 Oct 2012