On detox, have awful headaches, flu like symptoms, skin pain, dizziness. Cause?

My fiance and I started a detox about a week ago. We both cut out sugar and caffeine for the most part, aside from natural sugars and my fiance is also becoming vegetarian and cut out processed foods as well. He was in good shape before, healthy for the most part aside from the few things we have now cut from our diet. For the last 3 days he has head awful headaches , which he never has, and last night I m sure he had a migraine . There have been flu like symptoms such as, fatigue , skin hurting, and occasional dizzyness. No fever and drinking lots of water. I know that with a detox there are withdrawal symptoms but I find it hard to believe they could be this bad. I am a little worried and obviously a doctors appointment would be best but I also don t want to jump the gun. An opinion would be helpful. Thanks!
Asked On : Sat, 12 Jan 2013