On depo, spotting bright red mucus like, feeling dizzy, nausea, bloated, tired, body sore. What is this ?

I have been on depo for 3 1/2 years. My boyfriend a certified medical assistant gave me my last shot. I have only spotted maybe 6 times since being on depo. I spotted the other week and that didnt bother me. Now I am spotting again but its a bright red and looks like mucus is in it. I have been feeling dizzy, nasueas (threw up soup friday and couldnt stand the smell), tired, bloated, constipated, and my body has been feeling sore. What could this be?
Asked On : Sun, 27 Jan 2013
OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine 's  Response
These all symptoms are the side effects of depo-provera.
Reduction in bone minerals is been reported,after 2-3 years of using this ,and for this reason you should use foods enrich with Ca (or supplements of Ca and vit.D)
To rule out any infection you should do a vaginal smear or PAP smear (if you have not do within one year)
Take care of your self