On crestor 40mg. Family history of high blood pressure and cholesterol. Is it safe to take aspirin 325 mg?

My doctor insists that I take a 325mg uncoated aspirin daily. I am currently on Crestor 40mg and Bystolic 5 mg. One of my 5 brothers died in his early fifties of a heart attack and several members of my family are being treated for high blood pressure and cholesterol . He is aware of my family history and I totally trust him but....... I am beginning to feel like 81mg would be enough. I have asked him about this before but he insists that I continue the 325mg regimen. I would like your opinion.
Asked On : Sun, 15 Jul 2012