On conjunctivitis treatment, have severe throat pain, difficulty in opening mouth and swallowing, tongue pain. Cause?

Hello, i was just told by my doctor last friday that i had conjunctivitis(pink eye) and i went and got treatment antibotic eye drops. As the week went on tuesday morning i woke up with a terrible pain in my throat , thinking that it would go away i didn t say anything to my parents. Now this morning i woke up and i can t open my mouth without my throat hurting me. My tongue hurts, and pain happens when i swallow , eat or try to get rid of mucus . What is the problem? I don t see any bumps or any white spots on my tongue it just hurts.
Asked On : Mon, 8 Oct 2012