On birth control pill. Having unprotected sex. Why am I getting irregular bleeding?

Hi i am 20 years old.i have been on birth control for 5 years. and i had my period at the beginning of january. and then after it was over i had my papsmear , then since then i have been on my period for 2 weeks. but its not a heavy flow like it usually would be. but its not just spotting. I do have unprotected sex with my husband. but i am on birth control,but sometimes i forget to take it that day so i take it the next day. why am i still bleeding?
Asked On : Thu, 7 Feb 2013
OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine 's  Response
Hello!
The main problem of your bleeding is from the disordered take of the medicine .
To take the medicine all days you should take the pill in the same time of all days.
Another causes can be infection,but you have done PAP smear and have the question.
Take care of your self