On antibiotics for strep throat, still unable to swallow saliva or open jaw, ear pain. Solution ?

i was put on antibiotics for strep throat ( amoxicillin ) and took it for three days with no relief. On the thirdday I went to my student health center as I was still very ill, unable to swallow saliva or open jaw. I also have terrible ear pain. They sent a culture of a throat swab and took blood for mono. Today both came back negative and I got a msg from the center to discontinue antibiotics. I am still in very much pain in my ear and cannot open my jaw wider than an inch without excruciating pain. I can swallow a little though. I have two questions: 1) Is it really smart to discontinue my antibiotics at this point (5 days of a ten day course of two 875 pills a day). 2) Is there anything else that could be causing this? I am mainly worried by not being able to open my jaw as I cannot eat or brush my teeth and have lost a lot of weight.
Asked On : Mon, 29 Oct 2012