On Verapamil and Triamterene HCT. Lost weight. Why is foot and ankle swelling? Side effect?

I give up. I ve tried three times to type and my message keeps disappearing. So I ll shorten this. Last week I went off Simvastatin because the FDA issued a warning about bad side effects when taken with the HBP med, Verapamil. I am still on the Verapamil and on Triamterene HCT2 37.5 2.5 mg tabs 1 x per dy. Verapamil HCL CR 240 mg-1 x capsule every day. The pharmacy called my family practice dr. to tell him to contact me. He wanted me to go off the Simvastatin immediately and switch to Prevastatin. I have recently lost 45 lbs. and am still dieting . I didn t pick up the Prevastatin as I see my dr. this week and was hoping he could check my cholesterol levels and if good, not have to take the med at all. Could getting off Simvastatin be the cause of my left ankle and foot swelling up last night? It s also been very itchy and blotchy like broken capillaries?
Asked On : Wed, 26 Dec 2012