On Oratane course for acne treatment, redness on cheeks and neck, skin tone dark, advised Demalin. Is it safe ?

I am currently undergoing acne treatment , with 2 and a half months into my Oratane course of 40mg, with another one a half months to go. While the acne has almost entirely disappeared, I am left with redness on my cheeks and neck as well spots (reddish too), also my skin tone has gotten at least 2 shades darker. My pharmacist suggested Demalin. How safe is it on dark skin? And in how long can I expect to see changes?
Asked On : Thu, 8 Nov 2012