On HCG diet. Does it disturb the hormonal levels? Positive pregnancy test

I m 5 weeks into the HCG diet and haven t had a period since Jan 1st - which my doctor warned may happen given HcG plays with hormones.... however I took a pregnancy test just now as I ve been feeling very tired etc, and just felt off - which again I could put down to the diet. The pregnancy test has shown a very strong positive result. Would this be beacuse of the HcG diet? Before going on the diet I asked my GP this and he said that the HcG levels are so low that it wouldn t show up on a preg test?
Asked On : Tue, 26 Feb 2013